Organ ELX705 Flat Shank Portable Serger Coverstitch Needles
5.48 31.98 $5.48 - $31.98
- This is a Flat Shank Needle.
- These ELX705 needles are made specifically for home serger & cover stitching. It has 2 grooves, a slightly longer scarf and a regular sharp point.
- If your serger calls for a 15X1 needle and is breaking threads, the 2nd groove on this needle may solve your problem.
- Perfect for multi-purpose sergers that do the coverstitching, overlock and safety stitches. If your serger takes a flat shank needles, then these needles will fit your serger.
- Lower size numbers are narrower or thinner needles used for lighter materials. Higher size numbers indicate a needle of thicker diameter, used for heavier materials.
- Sharp needles have a very precise point designed to pierce through woven fabrics.
- Ball Point (BP) needles are designed to alleviate making holes in knit or loosely woven materials. The cross fibers which constitute the knit or loosely woven materials are relatively far apart as compared to those in tightly woven material. When a needle with a standard "sharp" point encounters one of those fibers in penetrating the fabric, it cuts right through the fiber. This creates a hole in the fabric. The Ball Point needle pushes aside the fiber it encounters in penetration and thereby avoids making a damaging hole in the fabric.
- Needle System : ELX705 (Same as SY2922 & 2022)